Friday, March 21, 2008

Truisms of Team BeachBody

So I have been at this bad boy for almost 75 days now, and I am definitely pleased. I saw a picture of when I was at a friends wedding a few years back and I almost puked to think I looked that bad at one point..Denial...it's not just a river in Egypt. There are a lot of things I have learned as well in my journey to be X-like, and I'd like to share those with you:

-If someone has a Beachbody screenname that has 'Sexy' in it, 90% of the time they either have never posted a picture, or they have and they prove they should have picked a different screenname.

-It is amazing how little beer you need to get you tipsy when you haven't had one in over two months

-Little did I know that along with a highly improved physical state, I'd also get a degree in Nutrition by the end of P90X

-Dreya rolls are the work of the devil

-Hanging out in Shoulder Stand in the Yoga X workout is THE number one motivator for losing your gut

-I will never not laugh at Tony Horton getting hit in the face with the resistance bands by Sophia at the end of the Legs and back video

-Yoga is a lot harder than anyone ever expects it to be

-If I had known how hard this was all going to be, I definitely would have made my designated workout room closer to my bedroom

-I take more pills now every day than my grandfather who has Type II diabetes and three hearta attacks. The difference? I am taking my pills to make sure I don't GET diabetes or have a heart attack.

-Food that is good for you can often cost more than food that is bad for you

-I have so much more clothes now

-For those who say that working out and eating great takes too much time, I say I'd rather have ten more years to live than one more hour in my day.

-

1 comment:

Tom said...

Everything you say is always so true. Am I being brainwashed by the Maan?