Friday, February 8, 2008

Bought a new scale

So I finally got sick and tired of my scale reading my weight the exact same at night and in the morning so I saw a body impedence scale at Costco and decided to snap it up. It measures not only weight but body fat (it actually outs a small charge through your body and based on your age and height it calculates the electrical resistance of your body! This blew my mind, apparently muscle conducts electricity much better than fat so it can detemine your muscle mass from the return current....), bone mass, body water percentage, and lean muscle mass percentage. Unfortunately for me it came back with 32% body fat, which is still pretty bad. I am not going to challenge the results but rather use the number as a motivational tool since it should go down now that I have a reference point. Good news is that I was right, the old scale is messed up. The new scale reads me all the way down to 216, so a loss of 9 pounds on top of the muscle gain...not too shabby...or flabby, should I say...I am actually in large shirts now vs. the necessity due to my hump to wear extra large...now THAT is a good feeling...

Last night did the Yoga X, which I have now affectionately nicknamed YODA X. That is because I feel like sometimes Master Yoda is looking at me while I am balancing in a one hand handstand and making a rock float in the air using the force all at the same time. It is that hard. I would say like Ab Ripper that, in the words of T Hort, I hate it...but I love it.....

No comments: