Monday, February 18, 2008

The Deal on Fitday

Went to a website on the recommendation of Scott Rupp (aka NHBuckeye) called fitday.com. Basically this is a tool you can use to track your daily calories and fat/carb/protein intake, and there's a bunch of other stuff on there, too. There is also a version that they sell that can be directly downloaded onto your computer and has more tools. Looks good so far, the only painful part of it is that the foods database is not great, so I am having to input a lot of my commonly consumed foods in manually to make sure my numbers come out right. I am not even sure how these percentages are supposed to shake out, I'll have to ask Scott, but it looks like it will definitely keep me honest on calorie count, something that is harder to do using just the portion approach on the P90X nutrtion plan.

As a side note, I did end up going out to dinner with Mrs. Maan after all, I had water, a glass of Chianti and a plate that consisted of a lightly breaded chicken breast, roasted vegetables, goat cheese and a reasonable topping of a tomato cream sauce. The lightly breaded part took me by surprise, I actually went 'oh, shit' when I saw that it was breaded because I thought it would be baked or grilled...this is getting weirder by the day....

No comments: